Friday, July 30, 2010

Beer Can Chicken

It's beer can chicken season! There's really nothing quite like beer can chicken cooked on the grill. It's like a rotisserie chicken that's so juicy it falls off the bone before you can take it off the rack. It can be done in the oven, but it's just not the same. To do this you need: half a can of beer, a beer can chicken rack, and (if you don't want to make a mess out of you grill), an aluminum roasting pan. I use one of the cheap beer can racks and it works fine, but there is many more "elaborate" models available that do the same thing. Every time I make one of these I try a different combination of beer and seasoning, today I used Bud-Light with lime and a rub made of garlic infused oil from Tastefully Simple and Lawry's Seasoned salt. I leave mine on the grill for about two hours on medium high, or until the skin is that nice crispy looking shade of brown and it looks like the meat will fall right off the bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment