Friday, August 6, 2010

What the f@%k am I gonna do with all this ham?

Leftovers are the bane of my existence, they crowd my refrigerator, inhabit all my favorite containers, irritate my husband (he has no place to put beer). I cook constantly so my stove is very seldom cool enough to even wipe off. And oh, did I mention, no one that lives here will eat leftovers! The divas that I cater to will stick up their noses at anything that's been re-heated. So I've had to devise a few ways to disguise "recycled" food. Back to my ham problem, I've already done all the usual things with it, omelets, raviolis, cold sandwiches and I still have a gallon sized zip-lock bag in my freezer. Anyway, so I'm making Ham Croquettes with a side of Cucumber Salad, and whatever is left I'm feeding to Sullivan, our lovely yeti of a Saint Bernard.










Ham Croquettes:


  • 1 lb. finely chopped ham
  • 1 rounded tablespoon each of Onion Onion and Garlic Garlic (Tastefully Simple Seasoning)
  • 1 and a half cups of fresh grated sharp cheddar
  • 3 cups rolled oats
  • salt and pepper
  • 3 eggs
  • seasoned bread crumbs


Put bread crumbs one bowl, put everything else in another, mix up ham mixture and pat into balls, roll in bread crumbs, bake at 375 until golden brown, or fry in oil





Cucumber Salad:


  • 1 large cucumber
  • 4oz. light vanilla yogurt
  • 40z. light sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon each Onion Onion and Garlic Garlic
  • salt & pepper
  • tablespoon fresh dill


slice cucumber then half slices, combine all ingredients and chill for a few hours before serving






No comments:

Post a Comment