Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tadpole project: And then there was one :(

One of our tadpoles died during the night.  I'm not sure what went wrong, There's a few reasons why it could have died, It was the bigger of the two tadpoles, so maybe it didn't have enough room in the container, or perhaps it was over fed (that's my best guess). The instructional pamphlet that came with the little guys says the most common cause of death is improper water care.  Soap or lotion residue on your hands or any containers you use can hurt them, I thought I had taken all the proper precautions to avoid contaminating them.  I guess we'll be even more careful next time we change the water, and move the tank out of areas where over spray from cleaners or perfumes can get inside the container.  Wish the lonely tadpole luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment